The website will let you know if your photo is acceptable to be used as a blanket. Get started and upload your photo to try it out.
The most popular product by far is the 71x53 Photo Blanket . You can upload up to four photographs and create your own photo collage, add text and unique borders. We have won numerous awards for our photo blanket, and because we are the weavers we guarantee our quality.
We can tell you exactly when you will receive your blanket. Scroll down this page to see our shipping delivery calculator. If you order by 11am you can receive your blanket tomorrow. Most people choose rapid shipping for the cost/speed trade-off. We have a range of shipping options, each one with different speeds and costs (from FedEx)
We staff our customer service department from 9am to 11pm est. If you have an after hours question, please email us as we try to check emails at all times.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions below, and if you need more information, please fill in the required fields below and click on the "Contact Us" button. During any Holiday period we try to answer calls until 11pm est. If you call and we are on the phone, please leave us a detailed message including a return phone number and email address. Thank you.
Input your zip code to see whey your product will be delivered and how much it will cost.
Contact us by Email
Below we've listed a number of our most frequently asked questions.
Q: What photos can I use?
A: Any photo you like! There are a few guidelines we'd like to offer, though.
- High contrast: A nice, high contrast photo will always work best. If there is a good distinction between lights and darks, good detail in the subject and a balance in contrast, your blanket or wall hanging will turn out beautifully.
- Large Subject Matter: If your subject matter (a person, a pet, a building, etc) takes up the majority of the photo, you will be able to see more detail and the colors will be more vibrant and true-to-life. If the subject is too small, you might consider cropping the photo so that the subject takes up roughly 60-80% of the image.
- Color: Try to choose a photograph with realistic coloring. If the face in the photograph is bright pink, chances are that your PictureWeave product will not look as realistic as you hope. Try to pick a photo with good skin tones, nice colors and one that is not too faded or old. Remember, while we will do some minor color correction and tone enhancements, what you send is what you will receive. The better and more realistic your photo is, the happier you will be with the finished product.
- Old Photos: Old Photos - while we can certainly make your PortraitWeavers product from any photo, older photographs are not always the best choice. They can be faded or the color can change over time. For best results, pick the clearest, most color-rich older photograph you have.
- Focus: Please make sure that the photo you send is in focus. We can do minimal sharpening, but a crisp photo will always work best
- Black & White Photos: we can create your PortraitWeavers product from a black and white photo. No problem!
Q: What about Digital Photography?
A: No problem! You can send your camera files to us directly. We recommend that you use at least a 2 megapixel camera or higher. If you send as a JPEG, please make sure to use minimal compression. If you over-compress, the image will be blurry and pixelated. It is better to send a larger file as opposed to a smaller file. Please follow the above suggestions, as it will help yield the best finished piece.
Q: Can I Use Manipulated/PhotoShop Images?
A: Yes! We can use literally ANY image.
Q: How many people/pets/buildings can I have in my photo?
A: You can have as many as you'd like, but remember that the smaller the detail, the less likely it is to show up in a woven piece. A blanket with a couple of large faces will yield higher detail in those faces compared to a photo with 10 people in it.
Q: How long will it take?
A: 4-6 weeks. Often, much faster. A lot of that depends on the time of year and the number of orders we have.
Q: Are these products printed?
A: No! These products are jacquard woven, 100% cotton. Never printed.
Q: Will the images and colors fade?
A: No! The images are woven of 100% cotton, so they will not fade - even after repeated washings. If left in direct sunlight for very long periods of time, there may be minor fading.
Q: Are these products washable?
A: Absolutely. Our blankets are machine washable. We recommend cold water and tumble drying on the lowest setting. Due to the nature of the backing and lining of our wallhangings, bags and pillows, we recommend spot cleaning only.
Marketing email communications
At various points on our websites, you have the option to join our email list and receive information about our products, services and offers. Also, if you provide us with your email address when you register online or update your account, log-in, place an order, make a customer service inquiry, opt-in to receive our emails, shop online, request a catalog, participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey, or apply for an account, you may automatically be added to our email list and receive marketing or promotional information from us.
If you do not wish to receive photoweavers.com marketing emails, you may opt out by clicking on the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of all marketing emails, or you may email email@example.com.